A 4x4 or two 2x4?

Martin
I need a mat for a 4 feet by 4, that can be folded together on the middle for easy storage. What mat would be best? Can I just buy a 4x4 and then use a knife to divide it in 2, or should I buy two 2x4?

Have anyone in here tried the first option?

Re: A 4x4 or two 2x4?

psyphi
Administrator
Most people just use a 4x4, and don't cut it in half. The mats roll up for storage. But if you do want it to be in two 2x4 pieces, it would cost less to get a 4x4 and cut it in two. Scissors work the best at cutting the latex rubber. But a razor knife will work if they are very sharp and you go over the cut several times.