Beach map with ocean

John D.
Just wondering if you have any plans for a beach head mat with a small ocean section?

It could serve a wide range of use

WWII - dozens of WWII games out there

Pirates

Fantasy Pirates or any fantasy

Re: Beach map with ocean

psyphi
Administrator
We have been thinking of making an ocean mat. And if we did make the ocean mat, we would probably also make a beachhead.

But we don't feel that we can make a mat that represents water in the same way that we make our other mats. So when and if we make one it will probably come pre-painted. Why? Because I think, to make it look realistic, we would need to have a painted bottom layer and a thicker clear layer on top. And also some white wave foam painted over that.

So, it would be very different than anything we've made before and it's going to require some extra experimentation to see what works and what doesn't work. And at this point we haven't yet done anything except think about it.

Re: Beach map with ocean

Jared
I just emailed your team about this.  We have need for an ocean mat for Dystopian Wars type games.  I own a store so we're looking to buy multiple mats.

Re: Beach map with ocean

Axhead
I was thinking of using the sulfur fields matt, cut up and painted appropriately of course, to represent either streams or swampy water.

On a similar note the despoiled lands matt would make pretty decent trails / dirt roads,  while the upcomming cobble stome matt would make a good cobble stone road (duh).