Flagston Paven Squares Size?

psyphi
Administrator
Alex Swanson
Hello, I am curious what the dimensions of the "squares" on the new Flagston Paven mats are.

Logic would assume that they are 1" by 1", but it is hard to tell from the photo! If this is so, you should add it to the description as it is a major selling point for anyone who might want to use it as a much cooler alternative to the classic battle grid.

Drake Depew
add another member to this querry. If this is 1" it will be my first purchase. It looks to go nicely with my Hirst walls.

Zuzzy Miniatures
Although there is an obvious "grid" on the Flagston Paven, it is not meant to be a precise measuring grid. It is, instead, an irregular and, in places somewhat warped, roughly square tiled stone paving. In a few places the squares are a bit rectangular as well.

The size of the squares are slightly oversized, ranging from 1-1/8 to 1-1/4 inch.

But, as far as working with any "grid" games, it will work fine as long as you're not fussy about it being precisely 1" or having laser straight lines.

Alex Swanson
Thanks, that was exactly the answer I was looking for - and I am definitely not fussy about having a precise 1" square (in fact, a bit larger is probably better given the poses of most heroic models these days).

Daniel R Weber
How 'griddy' is the grid? I'd love one for Malifaux, but the grid, however, makes it a hard sell since the minis game doesn't have premeasuring and even something that's 'roughly' 1" is enough to get decent estimates with.

Zuzzy Miniatures
The Flagston Paven has very prominant grid lines. But, we'll be coming out with the Feldston Paven very soon. Which will be similar to the Flagston Paven but with larger stones and no grid. We're finishing up the sculpt on that in the next week or so.

Daniel R Weber
Awesome, will keep eyes open for that one!