Painting Tutorial for Flagston Paving

luckyjoe
Hi, is there a tutorial available for painting the new Flagston Paving? I've painted other Zuzzy mats before, but this will be our first try with Flagston. I like the way you guys did yours. Any hints or tips?

I'm thinking we will base coat dark brown, then divide it into 4 quadrants, and have everybody paint 20 stones 1 color and then spin it to the next quadrant and repeat, until everybody has painted their color on 20 stones in each quadrant. Maybe repeat with a different color, but I don't want it to be too busy. What do you think?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Painting Tutorial for Flagston Paving

psyphi
Administrator
That sounds like a good plan. Should work great for evenly disbursing the different painting styles.

We don't have any tutorials for the Flagston Paven put together. And I haven't seen any on the web anywhere either. Although I did see this tutorial. It's not meant for rubber mats, but many of it's tips do apply.

http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?7087-Tutorial-Display-rock-base-%28step-by-step%29

I just wouldn't spray varnish on it, and I would use silicone sealant instead of pva cement if you apply any type of flocking.