What Game System Do You Use?

psyphi
Administrator
Tell us here. Are you an RPGer? Do you play D&D, Pathfinder, Rifts, Robotech, Star Wars... Are you a Wargamer? Do you play Malifaux, Confrontation, Heroclix, Warmachine...

Give your game a shout out here!

Re: What Game System Do You Use?

psyphi
Administrator
The following responses are from our, now defunct, Facebook forum:

Rudy Boe
Mainly Runequest RPG, Tabletop skirmishes using Flying Lead Rules, HOTT, all 28 mm
Working on our own Skirmish system to integrate into RQ.
Apart from that some historical stuff, mostly ACW using Fire & Fury in 6 mm, now shifting to 10 mm. Also some WW II small scale using BKC.

Jim Fallin
Our group used to play a lot of Necromunda and 40k. But 4 years ago, we formed our own company, Unified Theory Games, and are nearing completion of our flagship game, Vortex. It's a customizable miniature skirmish game that allows the players to stat and cost the miniatures they already own. The free downloadable Basic Battlefield Rules have been available for several months and has been met with great feedback. We can't wait to play it on Zuzzy's Mats! Especially the urban Wounded City. Great stuff! Keep 'em coming!

Nathan Bundick
Warhammer Fantasy.
yup thats petty much it so far.

Nathan Reed
RPG
Play: Savage Worlds, D&D 4ED, Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, Hollow Earth Expedition
Run: Savage Worlds, D&D 4ED
Miniatures
Play: Hordes/Warmachine, Malifaux
Zuzzy Mats Owned: Ruind Land - used primarily for Malifaux with Fat Dragons western themed Rio Draco set, and Savage Worlds for a Fallout (post-apoc) campaign.

Vladimir Ilic
I mostly do wargaming, although I'm up for RPGing as well, just no time to run games, and nobody around running any either at the moment. I play Warhammer Fantasy, Malifaux, Battlefleet Gothic most of the time, and D&D 4th and Shadowrun when a find someone willing to run a game.

Anthony Shannon
40k. Waiting on my despoiled reaches mat, running a campaign that It'll be perfect for the wastelands outside the hive cities.
I'll order the wounded city when its available but what I really need is 6x4 of concrete paving slabs and manholes/drains to represent the ground of an intact Imperial city that hasn't been bombed to the stone age.

I'm looking into flat hextiles or beermats glued to a board.

Bradley Goddard
For RPGs we recently threw out all our various systems and have converged on Basic Role Playing (BRP). It handles every genre and every situation with just slight modifications.
Wargaming is almost all Warhammer 40k. Used to play fantasy but grew out of the whole dragons and swords thing.

Scott Reine
Warhammer and Warhammer 40000. Our club has 6 of the mats and they work awesome. Some of the mats have been in the club for a few years, and they're still holding up nicely.

Christopher Pemberton
Right here we go:
Warhammer
Warhammer 40k
Malifaux
Inquisitor
D and D (3.5)
BFG
Dystopian Wars
Flames of War
Warmachine
We also play Space Hulk, I know its not on the mat but we set up the hulk over the mat.....

Christian Augst
Warhammer 40,000.

We have been using a selection of Zuzzy mats and terrain at our Astronomi-con tournaments for over a year now - and have gotten a great response from our members about the quality of these products.

Re: What Game System Do You Use?

Komorigumo
15mm mostly - Tomorrow's War, Force on Force, Ambush Z, GRUNTZ, Kashindan, and Flames of War.

It is time to invest in a new mat, and the Zuzzy Despoiled Reaches appears to have won out.   I ordered a sample, and was able to get samples of other mats the game group was interested in for comparison and over all the Zuzzy has been the most impressive.  So...

Zuzzy mats owned:  None yet, but Despoiled Reaches is on the wishlist.

Re: What Game System Do You Use?

magehammer
Song of Blades and Heroes, Mutants and Death Ray Guns, Fear and Faith. What can I say, I am a Ganesha Games fanboy. Love the ruleset. Love my Zuzzy mat.

Re: What Game System Do You Use?

kmanderson
I'm the author of Fantastic Worlds from Rattrap. I see a lot of opportunity for using these in my games. Especially since most of my boards are only 24x24.

Now the one for the con I'm going to is going to need to be larger since it represents Barsoomian Mars and I'm going to have airships flying around.

Marc

Re: What Game System Do You Use?

Indy
Right now I've only played on a friend's Despoiled Reaches map, a few games of Tomorrow's War. Other game systems I'd play on one would include StarGrunt, Dirtside, and Flames of War. I'm wrestling with which mat to purchase first for myself (Despoiled Reaches or Ruined Land) and size (4x6, 4x4, 3x3).

Re: What Game System Do You Use?

Rahn
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.